Evakool is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) in respect of that information. If you are located in another jurisdiction, additional local requirements will apply.
- “personal information” means information about you which personally identifies you or may reasonably be used to personally identify you;
- “we”, “us” or Evakool” means Nexberg Pty Ltd ACN 065 386 165, a proprietary limited company trading under the name Evakool Iceboxes and its associated entities as appropriate;
- “Website” means https://www.evakool.com.au/ or any other website from time to time from which our products are promoted and/or delivered; and
- “you” means you and anyone acting on your behalf or with your implied authority.
Collection of your personal information
Evakool collects and holds various types of personal information when you access the Website. This may include:
- your name and contact details, including your mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- financial information, including banking, billing or other payment information;
- transaction data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us;
- profile data including your username and password, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- technical data including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Website;
- marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences; and
- information necessary for or incidental to the supply of our products to you.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
The personal information that we collect and hold about you depends on your interaction with us. We will generally collect, use and hold your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the performance of our functions and activities and for the purposes of:
- supplying our products and related services to you;
- providing you with promotional material and information about your products;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our products and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved products.
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, including when you register a warranty in our online database, or otherwise on our Website.
We may hire third parties to provide limited services on our behalf, such as processing payment transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those third parties with the personal information they need to deliver the specific services and take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using that information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
Evakool may also disclose your personal information to authorised regulatory bodies or otherwise if required to do so by law.
If you make a payment on our Website via credit card, you agree that your payment will be processed via a third party payment gateway, Paypal or Zip Pay (as applicable), which provide a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Evakool or any third party. All transaction data is encrypted for storage within the relevant payment processor’s data centre. We do not receive details of your credit or debit card directly and cannot be held liable for any issues or loss arising from the processing of your account information.
Security of your personal information
Evakool is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. We store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located inside our controlled facilities. Whilst we adopt all protections over your personal information within our control, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet. As such, transmission of personal information via the internet is at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for the security of such information.
We will only send you direct marketing communications and information via mail, email or our social media platforms about our products and services with your consent, including to inform you of other products or services available from Evakool and its affiliates.
If you do not provide your consent to receive direct marketing communications, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at the details below or by using opt-out facilities provided in our communications. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of their direct marketing and will not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties.
It is unlikely that we will need to disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient or otherwise store your personal information overseas. If we are ever required to do so, we will obtain your informed consent or ensure that the overseas recipients comply with the APPs.
Using our Website and cookies
To improve your experience on our website, we may use ‘cookies’: small data files that are served by our Website and stored on your device. These are used by us or third parties for a variety of purposes including to operate and personalise the Website. Cookies may be used for recording preferences, conducting internal analytics, conducting research to improve our offering, assisting with marketing and delivering certain website functionality. You may refuse to accept cookies by selecting the appropriate setting on your internet browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our Website.
Third party sites
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Where we anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Accessing or correcting your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information. Where requested, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information that we hold which relates to you, provided that the request is made in accordance with the APPs (contained in the Privacy Act). We will also update any inaccurate information about you if you inform us that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
There are no charges for requesting access to or the correction of your personal information, however if the volume of information we hold is excessively large, we reserve our rights to charge you any reasonable administration fees (including fees for photocopying) associated with your request. You can contact our privacy officer regarding access to or correction of your information by any of the following methods:
Post: 16 Enterprise Street, Caloundra QLD 4551
Phone: 1300 385 665
We will respond to those requests within 30 days in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. If we refuse a request to access or correct personal information, where reasonable, we will provide you our reasons for doing so and information about your ability to complain about such refusal.
In order to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, details of your information will only ever be passed on to you where we are satisfied that the information relates to you. Accordingly, we may request documentation from you which confirms your identity before passing on any personal information which relates to you.
Should you wish to read more information on the Privacy Act, we recommend that you visit the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au.